These veggie burgers are great as a finger food for your little one. While still being soft, they are able to be picked up and held easily by small hands. Using a base of lentils which are high in antioxidants, iron and magnesium, these veggie burgers are not only delicious for the little members of your family, but anyone wanting a meat-free alternative at dinner time.
Looking for other finger food ideas? Try our Tuna Patties, Cheesy Cauliflower Balls and our Chicken Fingers which are a healthy, veggie packed alternative for the chicken nugget lover!
Veggie Burgers Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes + 10 minutes in the pan
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup of dried lentils (soaked in water for 3-4 hours prior), 1 carrot, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Peel and chop carrots and zucchini into 1cm cubes.
- Drain the lentils from the water.
- Put carrots, zucchini and lentils into the Babycook steamer basket.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 2 and press the steam button.
- When it has finished cooking, remove the steamer basket and discard the cooking liquid.
- Combine all cooked vegetables in the Babycook mixing bowl. Blend until a chunky consistency has been reached.
- Stir cheese into the mash mixture with the breadcrumbs using the Babycook spatula.
- Shape mixture into firm patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat with some spray oil.
- Cook for a few minutes each side until they appear golden.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If the patties are a little too gooey, add some extra breadcrumbs or a splash of milk they are a little dry. These can also have any other veggies added in, such as peas, broccoli or spinach.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published