Cheesy Cauliflower Balls
These Cheesy Cauliflower Balls are a delicious meat-free finger food for your little one, as well as being a great party food for adults and children alike! They are the perfect size for a tasty pre-meal morsel for the whole family, or try serving these with greek yoghurt and some veggie rice for a complete meal for your little one. For alternative finger food recipes, try our Tuna Patties or our Chicken Fingers recipe.
Cheesy Cauliflower Balls Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes, and approx 15 minutes in the oven
- Makes: approx. 20 balls
- Ingredients: 2 cups of chopped cauliflower, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese, 1 clove garlic
- Turn on the oven to 200 degrees.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into cubes of approx 1cm and place in the steamer basket of the Babycook. Fill up to Level 3 with water and press steam.
- While steaming, combine eggs, breadcrumbs, grated cheese and crushed garlic in a bowl.
- Once the Babycook has finished steaming, add the cauliflower to the bowl. Discard the cooking liquid.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, mixing all ingredients, while slightly mashing the cauliflower as you combine.
- Spray an oven tray with oil.
- Take a dessert spoon filled with mixture and press/roll into a ball using your hands, placing each one on the oven tray. (Make sure the mixture is not too hot before placing in your hands!) At this size, you will make approximately 20 balls.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until they appear golden-brown.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Alternatively to cauliflower, use broccoli or a mix of both vegetables for a similar texture but slightly different taste! Serve with greek yoghurt.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published