The easiest way to get my toddler to eat more veggies is to put them on my own plate and then tell them they can't have any! Aside from that, chopping them up and serving them with a yummy dip always helps too. It makes a healthy snack but is also great for 'bento' style lunches where there is a little bit of lots of different things served.
Sweet Potato Hummus Dip Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 1½ cups of chopped sweet potato (approx 1 medium sized sweet potato), 1 clove of garlic, 1 cup of tinned chickpeas, ¼ cup of tahini, and juice and rind of half a lemon, ½ teaspoon of cumin, ½ teaspoon of paprika.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into approx 1cm cubes.
- Place the garlic and sweet potato into the steamer basket of the Babycook. Fill to level 3 and turn on.
- Once cooking has completed, keep half of the cooking liquid in the blending bowl of the Babycook, and retain the other half. Tip the cooked sweet potato, garlic and all other ingredients into the Babycook.
- Blend in 10 second increments until it is a chunky paste. Occasionally, stop to scrap the sides of the bowl until all ingredients are mixed in. If it is still too thick add more of the cooking liquid.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve dips with carrot, celery, beans and cucumber sticks and some crackers for a healthy and delicious snack.