These corn fritters not only taste delicious but are also packed with chickpeas, which are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian diets. Try serving with an egg steamed in the baby cook too. For alternative finger food recipes, try our Tuna Patties or our Chicken Fingers recipe.
Corn Fritters Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: approx 5 - 10 minutes in the pan
- Makes: approx 6-8 fritters
- Ingredients: 1 420g tin of corn, 200g of tinned chickpeas (half a tin), 1/4 cup self raising flour, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder or Moroccan seasoning
- Empty half of the tin of corn, the chickpeas and crack the egg into the mixing bowl of the Babycook.
- Blend until a thick porridge-like consistency has been reached in 10 second increments.
- Add the flour and curry powder or Moroccan seasoning and mix again for a further 5 seconds.
- Using the spatula, stir through the other half of the tinned corn so that it is chunky.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat with some spray oil.
- Cook for a few minutes each side until they appear golden. If they 'fall apart' while turning, that usually means it needs a little more cooking time before flipping!
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve with some smoked salmon and a boiled egg for a delicious and filling breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published