This is an easy take on a classic French dish by 'French Kids Eat Everything' author, Karen Le Billion. This is even simpler than her famous recipe and is made in the Babycook in under 20 minutes. Bouillabaisse is a seafood soup, originally from France's Provence region. This is full of flavour and while suited to babies, it is also delicious and suitable for the whole family (just add salt for adults). Our version was made with whiting but it can also be made with Rainbow trout, anchovies or flathead.
Baby French Bouillabaisse (Fish Stew) Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1 small fillet white boneless fish, 1/2 onion, 1/2 clove garlic, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 bay leaf, 1 piece of orange peel, 1 fennel stalk, 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Roughly peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Roughly chop the fish into a few medium sized chunks.
- Place the fennel stalk (unchopped), orange peel, and all other ingredients into the steamer basket of the Babycook. (Most of the oil will fall through into the bowl. This is ok!)
- Pour water into the tank (level 3) and start the cooking process.
- When it is cooked, remove the fennel stalks, bay leaf and orange peel. Then place all other ingredients in the blending bowl with the cooking liquid.
- Blend the soup until smooth and creamy.