Whether your little one is a fan of the Disney movie, Ratatouille or not, they will love acting like Remy from the movie and helping Mum or Dad prepare their own ratatouille meal. A traditional French dish with just a few ingredients, that is usually baked in the oven, is whipped up in the Babycook in a just a few minutes. While the adult does all the chopping, your little one may like scooping up the veggies and helping to put them into the steamer basket for cooking.
- Suitable from: 4+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 small eggplant, 1/2 capsicum, 10 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the zucchini, eggplant and capsicum into approximately 1cm cubes.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Place all ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all the ingredients in the blending bowl and reserve the cooking liquid. Mix to desired consistency, adding the cooking liquid or a little olive oil if required.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve with couscous for a delicious meal full of veggies that your little one is sure to love. Keep it 'chunky' for toddlers or older children, or babies if you are doing baby led weaning.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published