Spaghetti bolognese is undoubtedly a favourite amongst many children and is the perfect dish for the whole family, particularly if you are doing Baby Led Weaning or trying to encourage your little one to eat more finger foods.
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g lean beef, 1 carrot, 2 sticks of celery, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 onion, 200g tinned tomatoes, pinch of mixed herbs
- Peel the carrot and onion and chop into 1cm pieces.
- Chop the celery into 1cm pieces
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Use mince beef or trim and chop steak into small 1cm cubes.
- Open the tin of tomatoes and strain the tomatoes from the juice. Retain the juice for later and place the tomatoes in the steamer basket.
- Place all other ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all of the ingredients in the blending bowl while discarding the cooking liquid. Mix, adding the juice from the tinned tomato until desired consistency has been achieved.
- Serve with your choice of cooked pasta.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve with some parmesan cheese and allow your little one to feed themselves.