Egg free, Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana and chocolate chip would have to be one of my all-time favourite combinations! These combine the two in a quick and easy to make muffin. They are egg free and with a couple of easy substitutions, they are also easy to make gluten and dairy free. I actually make these with coconut milk instead of regular milk as I prefer the taste! These muffins are a great snack for the whole family if you're out and about or even for school lunch boxes as they freeze and defrost well.
Banana & Choc-Chip Muffin Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 6 muffins
- Ingredients: 1 large ripe banana, 100ml milk, 50g butter, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place the peeled banana, milk, melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla in the mixing bowl of the Babycook.
- Mix in 10 second increments until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix again until smooth.
- Pour into a multiportion tray (or regular muffin tray lined with patty pans.)
- Stir through the chocolate chips into each muffin and sprinkle a couple on top of each.
- Cook in the oven for 22-25 minutes. Test with a skewer - if it comes out clean, you will know they are cooked!
Et voila, bon appétit!
Use a milk alternative such as coconut milk and nutelex instead of butter and ensure you use dairy free chocolate chips to make these dairy free. Change out regular flour for gluten free flour to make these gluten free.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published