As the weather heats up, this Berry Frozen Yoghurt recipe is super quick and easy to make and will cool your little ones down without the guilt! While we know babies, toddlers and growing children need plenty of dairy, we also want to avoid as much added sugars as possible, which is what makes frozen yoghurt the perfect compromise! While it can be deliciously sweet or tart, you will want one for yourself too!
We make ours in a multiportions tray if we want to serve it in a bowl for dessert, or we also use icy-pole silicone moulds if its for an afternoon snack on a hot day. (try these from Target if you're looking).
Berry Fro-Yo Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Freezing time: 4-6 hours
- Ingredients: 1 cup of berries, 2 cups of Greek Yoghurt, optional: 2 tablespoons of Maple syrup
- Place all berries in the Babycook mixing bowl and mix until desired consistency is reached.
- Add yoghurt to the Babycook mixing bowl.
- Mix in 10 second increments until the berries and yoghurt is fully mixed.
- Pour into the multiportions tray and freeze with ice cream sticks, or alternatively pour into icy pole moulds if you have them.
- Place into the freezer and enjoy once frozen!
Et voila, bon appétit!
Without the maple syrup, this recipe makes a delicious, tart flavoured fro-yo. If your little one prefers a sweeter flavour, add maple syrup to taste.