A quick, delicious and nutritious alternative to smoothies, Chia Puddings are easy to make. If you have never made them before, they will become your new go-to breakfast that can also double as a dessert too! Chia seeds are especially great for any picky-eaters, as they are packed with fibre, protein, iron and omega 3 fats. They are even suitable for babies, as long as they are well soaked and softened first.
Always ensure when you are introducing new foods to your baby's diet that you have them try a few spoons to ensure it is well tolerated first.
Chia Berry Pudding Recipe
- Suitable from: 6+ month olds
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Setting time: 2 hours - overnight
- Ingredients: 100ml preferred milk for baby (we recommend coconut milk for the best flavour), 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/3 frozen banana, 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Blend the banana, berries and and milk together in the mixer bowl of the Babycook until it is a smoothie type texture.
- Stir through the chia seeds with a spoon, ensuring they are well-mixed.
- Pour into a glass conservation jar or BabySqueez' pouch and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
- Serve straight from the fridge.