Banana and Fig Smoothie
It's fig season! If you or someone you know has a tree full of these sweet and super healthy fruits, then you are in luck. Not only do they make an ideal fruit for babies due to their sweet and palatable flavour, they are soft and packed full of antioxidants, fibre, calcium and iron. All things that are super important for babies! Combine this with the known benefits of bananas and calcium-rich milk (ensure you use baby's usual milk), and you have a healthy and delicious smoothie that the whole family will want for morning tea!
Banana Fig Smoothie Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 3 min
- Cooking time: -
- Ingredients: 1/2 banana, 1 fresh fig, 1/2 cup baby's usual milk, 1 tablespoon greek/natural yoghurt, a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Peel the banana and roughly chop into pieces.
- Cut off the stem and cut the fig in half. You may choose to peel the fig, particularly if it is not super ripe and juicy. If it is, the skin is edible and the texture won't be noticed in the smoothie, so leave it on.
- Place all ingredients into the mixing bowl of the Babycook. Blend in 10 second increments until a smooth and light texture has been reached.
- Pour into a cup and drink immediately.
Et voila, bon appétit!
The sweetness of the smoothie will be dependant on the ripeness of the banana - the riper the sweeter the flavour. Frozen bananas work well! Serve it in a bowl with some oats stirred through to make a delicious and healthy breakfast meal.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published