Asian inspired pork in lettuce cups recipe
A delicious pork or beef recipe, suitable for the whole family, this Asian inspired meal is similar to San Choy Bau and perfect for Baby Led Weaning or served as a finger food as it can be held and eaten with their hands. If you prefer, you can also serve to baby with a spoon. Packed with veggies and rich in aroma and flavours, your whole family will enjoy this meal.
Love Asian food? Try our Chow Mein Babycook recipe, Baby Beef Stir Fry or Coconut Pork Curry.
Asian inspired Pork in Lettuce cups Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g pork mince, ¼ onion, ½ garlic clove, ½ carrot, ½ tsp fresh ginger, ½ cup shredded cabbage, ½ cup shredded kale, ½ teaspoon peanut butter, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, iceberg lettuce
- While preparing, place the pork mince in a bowl with soy sauce.
- Peel and slice onion, carrot, beans into 1cm cubes.
- Peel and grate garlic and ginger.
- Place all ingredients, including the sauce soaked pork, in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- While cooking, carefully peel the iceberg lettuce leaf, trying to keep it in tact as much as possible. Trim into a 'bowl' shape.
- When cooked, place into the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Pulse to mix to desired consistency.
- Spoon the pork and veggies into the lettuce cups for serving.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Switch out the pork mince for beef or chicken mince if you prefer.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published