Apple Sauce Puree
Whether it's one of baby's first foods, or you are making apple sauce to go with pork for the whole family, there is no simpler and easier way to make your own homemade apple puree, than by using the Babycook. As it's Christmas Eve, we also recommend you whipping up a batch of Pork and Applesauce Puree so that your little one can join in the family meal on Christmas Day!
Apple sauce Puree
- Suitable from: 4+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Ingredients: 2 Granny Smith apples (or variety of your own choosing)
- Peel the apples, discard the core and chop into pieces of approximately 1cm cubed.
- Place the apple in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 1 and press steam button.
- When cooked place the cooked apple in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Blend adding the reserved liquid to reach desired consistency
Et voila, bon appétit!
If baby has tried apple puree on its own before, perhaps try adding a pinch of cinnamon and/or cloves for flavour.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published