Fruit purées are a very simple and quick recipe that your baby will love. As you introduce more fruits into your baby's diet, you can also add in peach, apricots or mashed banana. These delicious fruit purees also make a great base to a simple crumble recipe. For other fruit puree ideas, try our Pear and Prune Recipe which is a great constipation buster, as well as our Applesauce or Pear purees.
Apple and Strawberry Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Ingredients: 1 apple, 4-5 strawberries
- Peel, core and chop the apple into cubes of approximately 1cm in size.
- Quarter the strawberries.
- Put the ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank to level 2.
- Start the cooking process.
- When the fruit is cooked, put it in the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid reserved from the steaming process and blend to bring to the desired consistency.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
Make a double batch and freeze in multiportions or our conservation jars. Then you will have it on hand to serve when baby is ready. You may even wish to even mix this with their morning breakfast of rice porridge, regular porridge or weetbix.