Packed with nutrient rich superfoods and immune boosting ingredients, this dish is great for your family to help beat those winter colds. Superfood Kale is high in fibre and iron and a great natural anti-inflammatory. Garlic is also a staple of this dish, as garlic contains a compound called allicin, which is the garlic plant’s natural protection against insects and microorganisms. Studies show it has a similarly protective effect in humans, too making it perfect to help boost your family's immunity just as the bugs are coming around. Lastly, potatoes, a carbohydrate rich food will help keep the family feeling full at bedtime, and hopefully make a good night's sleep easier to achieve. Also, don't forget to keep the fluids up and avoid dehydration to starve off the common cold!
Healthy Chicken Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g chicken breast, 2 stalks kale, 1 clove of garlic, 1 potato, small handful of parsley.
- Wash the kale and parsley and peel the potato.
- Cut potato into 1cm cubes and roughly chop the kale with stalks removed.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Take the skin off the chicken breast and chop into 1cm cubes
- Place all ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all the ingredients in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Mix, adding some of the reserved liquid until the desired consistency is achieved.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If serving to toddlers, children or adults, there is no need to blend. This also goes well in some chicken stock and turned into soup!