This easy take on a classic French dish, is quick and easy to make in the Babycook, with little preparation required! While introducing your little one to delicious new flavours such as tarragon, you are ensuring you continue to build their taste palette while serving meals that are healthy and nutritious. The green stem and florets of broccoli are a great source of dietary fibre and vitamin A, K and C - and the best way to preserve all of its natural goodness is by steaming! Remember that broccoli is often left until around 8 months old to be introduced as it can cause gas for young digestive systems.
Creamy French Tarragon Chicken Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1 chicken thigh, 1 cup of broccoli (including florets and stem), 1/2 clove garlic, pinch tarragon (fresh is best but dried tarragon will work too), 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Peel the broccoli stems and then chop into cubes of approximately 1cm in size. Roughly chop the florets.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Slice the chicken thigh into 1cm cubes.
- Place the tarragon, broccoli, garlic and chicken into the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3) and start the cooking process.
- When it is cooked, place all ingredients in the blending bowl, retaining the cooking liquid.
- Blend adding small amounts of cooking liquid and crème fraîche at a time, until desired consistency has been reached. Leave chunky for older children or Baby Led Weaning.