When introducing foods for the first time simple purées with one or two vegetables can be a great start and a meat, can also be added for extra protein. Once you have introduced vegetables such as carrot and potato to purées, you may then wish to create purées like this recipe that mixes other ingredients together to create a new flavour again. For more tips and ideas on introducing solid food to your little one, check out our Tips page and this blog post, A Guide to Starting Solid Foods.
Carrot, Chicken and Potato Purée with Coriander Recipe
- Suitable from: 6+ months old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Texture: Smooth
- Ingredients: 120g carrots, 80g potatoes, 5g butter, 2 leaves of coriander, a little bit of milk, 10g chicken, 1 pinch ground cumin
- Peel the carrot and the potato and chop the chicken
- Cook the carrot and the potato with the chicken, cumin and coriander in the Babycook, add milk. Water to level 3 to ensure that the meat is well cooked
- Drain the food and mix in the Babycook with the butter. Add back some of the cooking juice to achieve desired consistency.
Et voila, bon appétit!