Berry Puree is not only popular with babies but also a great staple to keep in the fridge to serve with natural yoghurt, on ice-cream, in smoothies or even stirred through baby porridge. While this recipe is for mixed berries, you may choose to use just one or a mix of berries depending on what's available and in season. We even use frozen berries when out of season.
Berry Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 1 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Ingredients: 1 cup mixed berries (we love raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and boysenberries)
- Place all berries in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank to level 2.
- Start the cooking process.
- Once cooked, tip the berries into the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid and blend to bring to the desired consistency.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
For an even smoother puree, use a spatula to press it through a strainer over with a bowl to remove any seeds.