Banana Fig Smoothie Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 3 min
- Cooking time: -
- Ingredients: 1/2 banana, 1 fresh fig, 1/2 cup baby's usual milk, 1 tablespoon greek/natural yoghurt, a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Peel the banana and roughly chop into pieces.
- Cut off the stem and cut the fig in half. You may choose to peel the fig, particularly if it is not super ripe and juicy. If it is, the skin is edible and the texture won't be noticed in the smoothie, so leave it on.
- Place all ingredients into the mixing bowl of the Babycook. Blend in 10 second increments until a smooth and light texture has been reached.
- Pour into a cup and drink immediately.
Et voila, bon appétit!
The sweetness of the smoothie will be dependant on the ripeness of the banana - the riper the sweeter the flavour. Frozen bananas work well! Serve it in a bowl with some oats stirred through to make a delicious and healthy breakfast meal.